We Help Those Who Help Themselves
At SOVAS™, we understand that working voice actors, and those who wish to become working voice actors, may not have the financial means to cultivate their talents through continuing education. We understand that pursuing a voiceover career is a significant financial investment. Further, we recognize that there are no shortcuts to success. Working with the most reputable acting schools, voiceover coaches, producers, and audio engineers is an absolute necessity. As such, we honor the personal investment by those who purchase a ticket to That’s Voiceover!™ Career Expo, understanding that it is more of a sacrifice for some than others. This is why we created the Society of Voice Arts and Sciences Academic Scholarship, which has since been sponsored, in part, by J. Michael Collins. The current value of the scholarship is $10,000.
The scholarship is designed to identify those with a discernible potential for a successful voiceover career, but are thwarted by a lack of financial means and access to continuing education and training.
The SOVAS™ J. Michael Collins Academic Scholarship provides direct exposure to a variety of one-on-one training opportunities, including private sessions, traditional acting training, online courses, and international networking events. This comprehensive scholarship will help ensure that the recipient receives credible, effective, and relevant training that will further his or her opportunities for success as a voice actor.
Applications for the scholarship are currently being received. The winning recipient will be announced at the next That’s Voiceover!™ Career Expo on Saturday, November 20, 2021. To become a “scholarship candidate” simply fill out the application via the link at the bottom of this page. You can also nominate someone else by filling out the application on their behalf.
To be considered for the scholarship, the candidate must be a “full price” ticket holder of
That’s Voiceover!™ Career Expo, and complete/submit the application by October 27, 2021.
Buy Tickets Here.
The scholarship winner will be named live during That’s Voiceover!™ Career Expo on Saturday, November 20, 2021. The time of the announcement will occur between 6pm PT and 9pm PT, at the event venue named on the ticket.
- Stella Adler Studio of Acting (New York only) ~ Acting Technique I : Ten-Week Course*
- Art of Acting Studio (Los Angeles only) ~ Art of Acting Technique Intensive Part One: Eight (8) -Week Course*
- Sennheiser ~ One (1) Set Professional Studio Headphones
- J. Michael Collins ~ Five (5)-Hour Voiceover Coaching & Demo Reel Production Package
- Pat Fraley ~ One (1) ‘Home Study Course’ (up to $300)
- Joan Baker ~ Four (4)-Session Voiceover Coaching Package
- Rudy Gaskins ~ Four (4)-Session Marketing Consultation Package
- That’s Voiceover!™ Career Expo ~ Two (2) Tickets for 2021 Event
- Voice Arts® Awards ~ Two (2) Tickets for 2021 Event
* Equivalent course content will be provided if a specific course title becomes unavailable.